What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones and can lead to one to have brittle and fragile bones. In severe cases it can lead to bone fractures and pain.
Symptoms of Osteoporosis
Dealing with the symptoms of osteoporosis can be a difficult task. This is why it is important to know what they are and how to deal with them.
Symptoms of osteoporosis include:
- A general feeling of weakness or fatigue
- Loss of height, which may be noticed when looking down at your feet
- Difficulty in climbing stairs, or bending down to pick up something from the floor
- Limping or feeling that walking has become more difficult
- A constant backache that may increase with standing or sitting for a long time
- Waking up during the night due to back pain
How to Prevent the Pain Caused by Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a disease in which bones lose density and strength. As a result, the person may suffer from pain, deformity, and fractures. Fortunately, there are many ways to help prevent the pain caused by osteoporosis.
Prevention Strategies to Keep Bones Healthy
There are three types of osteoporosis prevention strategies that can keep your bones healthy. These include diet, exercise, and supplements:
1. Diet and Food that feed healthy bones
A diet high in calcium-rich foods such as yogurt, cheese, milk, sardines, soybeans, beans, fish with bones like sardines or canned salmon. Greens such as collards or kale.
2. Exercises that build and maintain healthy bones
Exercise can help maintain healthy bones and help develop supporting muscles. There are many ways to exercise for healthy bones, including walking, biking, weight training and playing sports like tennis. If you're looking for a low-impact weight-bearing exercise try walking 4 days a week for 20-30 minutes.
3. Supplements that boost bone health
Dietary supplements are another option to consider for bone health. Supplementing with Vitamins such as Calcium, Vit. D3 and Vit. K is important. However it is important to discuss this with your physician and be aware of any side effects before taking any supplements.