Botox in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
What Is Botox and How Does It Work?
Derived from botulinum toxin, Botox is a drug that when injected into muscles, can prevent nerve signals from causing muscles to contract. This results in the affected areas being more relaxed and smooth, even when making different facial expressions.
Botox injections are primarily utilized to reduce the appearance of moderate to severe wrinkles that can be created by moving the face (expression lines). In addition to achieving a more youthful look, it has been known to treat chronic migraines, involuntary muscle contractions, teeth grinding, and muscle stiffness.
Here is a list of injection locations that we provide and the issues they can address:
- Eyebrows (eyebrow lift and shaping)
- Between the eyebrows (frown lines)
- Sides of the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Forehead/temples (forehead lines and migraines)
- Top of the nose (bunny lines)
- Around the mouth (lipstick/marionette lines)
- Chin (chin dimpling)
- Jaw (teeth grinding)
What Is Getting Botox Like?
With the procedure taking around 15-30 minutes, Botox injections involve very thin needles that may cause minimal discomfort similar to a light pinch. The number of injections (or units) depends on the severity and area of concern, and numbing the region makes it more tolerable. Booking a consultation with our doctor beforehand to discuss your goals and past procedures/conditions/medications is ideal, especially if turning towards Botox to treat medical conditions (migraines, cerebral palsy, etc.) rather than aesthetics.
How Long Does It Take for Botox to Work and How Long Does It Last?
You may begin to see results 3-5 days after treatment, which can last for 3-4 months before starting to wear off. After getting Botox, you will be able to resume your day as normal immediately after the treatment so long as you avoid rubbing the injection areas.
How Much Does Botox Cost?
The cost of Botox varies depending on the amount of units required for treatment, which is based on location and extent of the issue. There is currently a disparity in costs for getting Botox between healthcare providers due to differences in brands, dosing, and technique. At Spine and Joint Center, we offer premium Botox brands with its maximum potency.
What to Consider Before Getting Botox
- Botox provides temporary effects depending on the size of dosage. To achieve optimal results, more than one treatment in the future is recommended.
- It is not recommended that you get Botox when pregnant or breastfeeding
- While rare, some potential side effects are:
- Muscle weakness, drooping eyelid/dry eye (Botox)
- Infection, rashes, tenderness (dermal fillers)
- Should any of these side effects persist for more than 24 hours, contact a physician